We provide four surgical weight-loss options:
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass - Uses tiny incisions and special laparoscopic technologies to create a tiny stomach pouch so you will feel more full when you eat.
- Laparoscopic Gastric Band (Lap-Band) - Offers a reversible, adjustable approach to weight loss surgery. A ring is placed around the upper part of the stomach, to ensure that you feel more full and eat less. The band is adjustable and can be removed if you choose.
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Gastric Band (Lap-Band) - The same as a regular Lap-Band surgery, except the band is inserted through a single incision, as opposed to six cuts - minimizing scarring and pain, and promoting a faster recovery time.
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy - In this surgical procedure, the stomach is reduced to about 15% of its original size by surgical removal of a large portion of the stomach, following the major curve. The open edges are then attached together, often with surgical staples, to form a sleeve or tube with a banana shape. The procedure permanently reduces the size of the stomach.
Our program meets the highest standards for safety, care and results.
We are here to offer you:
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence® - The Chicago Center for Bariatric Surgery and Frederick M. Tiesenga, M.D., F.A.C.S., have earned the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) Bariatric Center of Excellence status.
- The confidence that comes from working with recognixed experts - Our surgeon and medical director, Dr. Frederick M. Tiesenga, has performed more than 400 bariatric surgery procedures.
- Access to a multidisciplinary team of experts - Our staff includes board-certified surgeons and physicians, as well as a bariatric coordinator, clinical psychologist, and registered dietitian.
- The safety and support of a full-service hospital - Your surgery will be performed in one of Westlake Hospital state-of-the-art surgical suites, with an array of specialists and advanced technology close at hand. Plus, our staff is trained to handle the most challenging and complex situations.
- A record of excellence - Our bariatric program has a track record of providing excellent outcomes and outstanding patient care.
- A simple, streamlined process - Our team guides you through each step of the process, from online seminar registration to postoperative care and follow-up for life.
- Equipment that accommodates larger patients - Our facility has furniture and equipment that is appropriate for patients.
- Long-term support and follow-up - Our caring staff gives you the support and encouragement you need to succeed. We are committed to caring for you the rest of your life.